Filet Mignon is amazingly easy to cook at home…this was my first time attempting to cook it inside (as opposed to on the bbq),and I must say that it came out PERFECT. Here is my super simple method (thank you Eugene for all of your help and advice!!)
1. You should cut your filet mignon into 1.5″-2″thick slices (or you can buy your filet pre-sliced…but how can you resist the Stew Leonards sale for the long hunk of meat?!?!)
2. Let the filet mignon sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
3. Use paper towels to get the filet as dry as possible (this is super important to help form a beautiful golden crust on your steak!).
4. Season all sides of the steaks with freshly ground sea salt and pepper (you can also use garlic,rosemary,or whatever spices you like).
5. Heat a skillet with butter or oil over medium heat.
6. Once the skillet is hot,cook the steak on each side for a couple of minutes (until a nice golden crust is formed…this locks the moisture in and tastes scrumptious).
7. Pop the steak into an oven at 325 degrees for 20 minutes (for medium-well…or adjust up or down if you like your steak well done,medium,etc.)
8. Let your filet mignon sit for 5-10 minutes after you take it out of the oven and before you eat it.
Check out this gorgeous piece of steak that I called my dinner!!!